Spring Ordeal - March 11-13
Online Registration is OPEN!
Congratulations upon your election as a candidate for the Order of the Arrow. You can take great pride in being selected by your fellow Scouts, but realize that you are now only a candidate for membership. A greater thrill awaits you when you become a member of the Order and are decorated with the Order of the Arrow sash. This happens when you have successfully completed the Ordeal. Anyone who has been elected since March 11, 2019 is eligible to attend this ordeal; normally eligibility only lasts one year, however due to COVID-19 pandemic event cancellations, the eligibility window has been temporarily extended.
Your next opportunity to participate in the Ordeal will be 11-13 March 2022 at Camp Barstow. To prepare for this event you should:
- Register to attend the Ordeal by clicking HERE.
- Pay the $50.00 ordeal fee online.
- Bring a copy of your current BSA Health and Medical Record to camp (parts A & B -- NO doctor signature required).
- Determine how you will get to and from camp. Plan to arrive at camp on Friday evening between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. Dinner is NOT provided Friday night, so eat before you arrive or bring a bag supper.
- Plan for your travel home on Sunday morning after Chapel and Orientation around 10:30.
If you become ill just before the Ordeal, stay in bed. If you currently have any temporary physical or medical problem which could limit your participation, we strongly encourage you to wait until the problem passes. We will be happy to help you make alternative plans.
COVID-19 Special precautions
- If you have recently tested positive for COVIUD-19 do NOT attend the Ordeal.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19, follow CDC guidance regarding isolation and quarantine
- Additional COVID-19 restrictions may be added (masks indoors, social distancing, etc.) based on guidance from the Indian Waters Council and Saluda County.
Download the Ordeal Candidate Letter.
Download the BSA Health form HERE.
There will be a callout Friday night. All candidates who have been elected but have not yet been called-out will have the opportunity to be called out on Friday night.